Planning to go to Tokyo next year, so been searching for some apps to help me while I am there.
Found a few reference/guide for Tokyo:
1. Tokyo Map and Walking tours Lite [Free] – This the free edition, but the major different between this and the paid version is: Navigation feature, which mean the apps will not give you the voice navigation from a sight to
This version give you a detailed and fully functional city map to assist you explore the city and locate sight:
* Tokyo Imperial Palace Tour (8 sights)
* Walking Tour of Asakusa (8 sights)
* Ueno Park Walk (11 sights)
* Yasukuni Shrine Tour (16 sights)
* Kitanomaru Park Tour (9 sights)
* Shibuya District Walk (8 sights)
* Ginza Shopping Tour (7 sights)
* Takanawa Religious Sights (6 sights)
2. ToykoGuide [Free] – This is a simple Tokyo Guide which have the following:
* Introduction of Tokyo
* Popular spots such as Asakusa, Odaiba, Ginza,, Ueno, Akihabara and etc
* JR Map
* Subway Map
* Free WIFI Spot Map
* Toyko Guide Home
Beside these apps, I am also trying to do some self-learning on the Japanese Language:
1. Japanese For Beginners [Free] – This will show you some simple and basic Japanese Language, like hello, excuse me, and etc
2. Intermediate Japnese [Free] – This will show you some useful but not common use Japanese Language and in a longer sentence.
3. Japanese for Expert [Free] – This will be the final guide (on free) which teach you the advance Japanese phrases!
So, for those who are interest or going to Japan/Tokyo soon, maybe you can download this few apps into your iPod Touch or iPhone!